- California Department of Water Resources Announces Initial State Water Project Allocation
- DWR Releases Initial Study/Proposed Mitigated Negative for Soil Investigations in the Delta
- Floodwater Diversions and Other High Flow Groundwater Capture Efforts Permitting Streamlined
- UC Davis Collected Drought-Surviving Pine Trees’ Seeds Years Ago, Now They’re Planting the Seedlings
- Has UC Riverside-led Team’s Discovery Found Hope for Crops Despite Frequently Occurring Drought?
More Drought News
Central Valley Water Board Plan to Reduce Nitrate Contamination in Groundwater Gets Approval
Help is on the way, both immediate and long-term, for the nitrate and salt...
- Posted October 20, 2019
Harmful Algal Blooms Found in Two Separate San Bernardino County Water Bodies
Two have been found to have blue-green algae (cyanobacteria) and state water authorities are...
- Posted October 17, 2019
Reclamation Announces Funding Opportunity for Cost-Effective Desalination and Water Purification
A new funding opportunity has been released by the Bureau of Reclamation its Desalination...
- Posted October 13, 2019
San Diego Foundation Awards $364,000 to Six Agencies to Assist with Diminishing Water Supplies
Six nonprofit agency programs will share in $364,000 in 2019 grants from The San...
- Posted October 12, 2019
Department of Water Resources Enlists New Wildfire Prevention Staff – Goats and Sheep
Unlike some of the Department of Water Resources’ (DWR) staff the newest recruits never...
- Posted October 7, 2019
Stored Water Provides Strong Start to Water Year 2020
Oh, what a difference a year can make! A year ago, at the start...
- Posted October 4, 2019
Oilfield Activities in Western Kern County are Increasing Groundwater Salinity
In accordance with Senate Bill 4 authored by former Senator Frances J. “Fran” Pavley...
- Posted September 26, 2019
Nevada County Issues South Yuba River No Swim Advisory, Prelim Results Show High levels of E. coli
Nevada County Environmental Health issued a No Swim Advisory for the South Yuba River...
- Posted September 25, 2019
Metropolitan Water District to Study Rainfall and Stormwater Runoff
The Metropolitan Water District (MWD) of Southern California has launched a new pilot program...
- Posted September 23, 2019
DLC Rocklin Violates Storm Water Rules, Settles with State Water Board for $153,460
Violations of a stormwater permit that occurred between November 2018 and January 2019 by...
- Posted September 22, 2019