- DWR awards $1 Million to each of Sonoma County’s three Groundwater Sustainability Agencies
- Lower American River water quality monitoring shows elevated levels of E. coli bacteria
- Water Available for Aquifer Replenishment report released by Department of Water Resources
- March’s Precipitation helped but was no Miracle; Snowpack increased to 52 percent of average
- Updated Water Allocations for Friant and North of the Delta Contractors released by Reclamation
Chino Basin Water Conservation District to host symposium on statewide conservation
The Chino Basin Water Conservation District has announced a statewide symposium on conservation slated for Thursday, June 29 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the district’s Water Conservation Center in Montclair. The agenda will include discussions of the next steps for water professionals in ‘Making Water Conservation a Way of Life.”
The discussion will focus on the unique challenges facing water agencies as well as their customers and stakeholders. Although Governor Jerry Brown has lifted the state-mandated drought regulations, new legislation has immediate implications for water agencies statewide. This is especially true in Southern California and the Inland Empire.
Topics for the symposium will include:
- Framework Fundamentals – Implementing the Governor’s Executive Order
- Equity & Enforcement – Fairness Among California’s Water Providers
- Water Use Efficiency Targets – Integrating Conservation with Resilient Water Management
- Conservation & Agriculture – Balancing Producers, Planners & Partners
Chris Austin, author of Maven’s Notebook, an online water digest, will moderate the discussion. A list of speakers and the full agenda will be released soon.
The $25 symposium will be held at 4594 San Bernardino St. in Montclair. The registration fee includes both a continental breakfast and lunch. Space is limited so early registration is encouraged at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/we-have-the-framework-now-what-a-symposium-on-statewide-conservation-tickets-33822550158?ref=ebtn.