- DWR Comment Period Underway for List of Statewide Flood Emergency Response Grants
- UCI Scientists Predictor for Southwest Winter Rainfall — Look to New Zealand in the Summer
- San Diego Water Board fines Pardee Homes $291,286 for Uncontrolled Sediment during Storms
- Judge Upholds Water Board’s penalties on Developer
- State Reminds Public of the Hazards of Harmful Algal Bloom Season
Earth Night in the Garden Returns for a Final Year
Earth Night in the Garden is celebrating its final year with a FREE celebration that the whole family will enjoy. On Friday, April 20, 2018 from 3:00-7:00 P.M. the community is invited to join the fun with activities that celebrate Earth Day, water efficiency and an appreciation for our water resources. In addition to exciting hands-on learning opportunities there will be face painters and an environmental magician performing throughout the afternoon. Pam the Ladybug will be fluttering around the garden with 70,000 ladybugs during hourly ladybug releases.
A new addition to this year’s event will include photo opportunities with some of Western Municipal Water District’s real-life operations trucks, including a service and vactor truck. Children will enjoy interacting with creepy, crawly creatures and reptiles. Crafts, raffle prizes and kettle corn are also part of the fun! Costumed characters will be roam the garden, including Drippy the Water Drop, Mother Nature, Mr. Ribbit and Busy Bee.
First started in 2007, the Earth Night in the Garden event began as a humble Native Nights in the Landscapes Southern California Style garden and later evolved into the well-recognized event that it is today.
Earth Night in the Garden will take place at Landscapes Southern California Style, 450 E. Alessandro Boulevard in Riverside CA. After this year’s event, there are no future plans for Earth Night. Garden ownership has changed and this will be the final year for the event.