- John Rossi, General Manager at Western Municipal Water District, announces his year-end retirement
- Two CWA Members participate in NARUC Summer Policy Summit in San Diego
- Foothill Municipal Water District announces September 23 water celebration at Descanso Gardens
- Halla Razak appointed as Inland Empire Utilities Agency’s new General Manager effective Dec. 1
- Workshop for mercury-impaired reservoirs operators, owners scheduled for Oct. 11
El Toro Water District receives Public Communications Achievement Award
El Toro Water District (ETWD) has received the American Water Works Association (AWWA) Public Communications Achievement Award in recognition of its communication and outreach effort for an 18 month, major multi-phase Recycled Water Expansion Project. The project impacted the cities of Laguna Hills and Laguna Woods.
ETWD began the project with four defined goals to:
- Protect the reputation of ETWD as a good neighbor and good steward of public funds
- Maintain community goodwill through the 18-month construction process
- Minimize community frustration and complaints
- Increase understanding of El Toro Water District’s commitment to being a good steward of the environment and our precious water resources
The ETWD Board of Directors recognized the need for local water supply development and an investment in resiliency to reduce its dependence on imported water from locations hundreds of miles away. The Recycled Water Expansion Project was undertaken to enhance local water supplies and reliability, expand recycled water deliveries to meet future customer demand and reduce dependence on imported water.