- SOMA Environmental Engineering Disqualified from Participating in State Water Board Cleanup Fund
- San Joaquin Tributaries Authority Files Suit Over Unimpaired Delta Flow Proposal
- City of Glendale to Pay $653,000 Penalty for Violating Underground Storage Tank Regulations
- Draft Procedures of Environmentally Sensitive Waterways from Dredge and Fill Activities Released
- Rowland Water District Adopts Shared Resources Agreement With Public Water Agencies Group
California American Water Announces Launch of Spanish Language Website; Mirrors English Version
California American Water, a subsidiary of American Water, serving more than 690,000 Californians, recently announced the launch of a Spanish language version website. Spanish speaking customers will now have access to a fully functional website mirroring the company’s English version website.
“… at California American Water, we believe our customer service should reflect and account for the communities we serve,” said California American Water President Rich Svindland. “We have thousands of native Spanish speaking customers and we hope they will find this addition to be convenient and helpful.”
The new website, found at https://es.amwater.com/caaw/ allows customers to visit the Spanish language website where customer can learn about conservation programs, water quality reports, current news and advisory notices along with information on other services offered by the company. The Spanish language website can also be accessed through the “Español” link now atop the company’s English-language homepage www.amwater.com/caaw.
Julian Canete, California Chamber Hispanic Commerce president and CEO, praised the new website saying, “We are pleased to see California American Water expand their customer service platform to be more inclusive of those they serve. The Chamber supports this effort and encourages all utilities and other entities that provide vital services to consider doing the same as a best business practice in this wonderfully diverse state.”
Cal Water’s parent company, American Water, provides regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states and Ontario, Canada. The company dates back to 1886 and currently employs some 6,900 people.