California American Water has rolled out an Inclusion and Diversity Grant Program to its service areas. The program will provide financial assistance to organizations seeking to develop and implement programs, training or community-related projects that aim to promote and foster inclusion and diversity in the community.
“At California American Water, we are committed to inclusion and diversity of people, ideas and experiences,” said California American Water President Rich Svindland. “It makes us a better company overall and allows us to better serve our customers across the state of California. This grant program seeks to expand that mission to directly benefit our local neighborhoods.”
The maximum grant amount is $2,500. To qualify for a grant, the organization, project or event must:
- Be located within California American Water’s service area.
- Be a new, innovative community initiative or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program.
- Promote inclusion and diversity in the community the organization serves.
- Have 501(c)(3) designation or be a government agency (including public schools).
- Individuals are not eligible to receive grants. Only nonprofit organizations within California American Water’s service territory are eligible to receive funding.
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 1, 2021. Qualified applicants can apply online or by mail to:
California American Water
655 West Broadway, Suite 1410
San Diego, CA 92101