- California American Water Refiles Coastal Commission Application for Water Supply Project
- BC Laboratories Fined for Delayed Reporting of Drinking Water Test Results
- CW3E Launches New Forecast Tools for the Atmospheric River Scale
- NOAA Predicts Warmer, Drier Conditions for Winter in California
- Groundwater Increasing in Coachella Valley According to USGS Report
MWD Seeks Public Input in Search for New General Manager
Metropolitan Water District’s Board of Directors is inviting the public to help shape its search for a new general manager through participation in two virtual meetings to be held from 6-7 p.m. on Nov. 19, and from 10-11 a.m. on Nov. 21.
“The selection of a general manager is one of the most important decisions we can make as a board. It will shape the future of this organization,” Metropolitan board Chairwoman Gloria D. Gray said. “By including stakeholders in this process, we’re ensuring transparency and inclusivity while hearing their valuable and diverse perspectives.”
The public meetings are just one part of a broad engagement plan to gather input from the public, member agencies, businesses, environmental groups, employees and other stakeholders on the ideal candidate to lead MWD following the retirement of longtime General Manager Jeffrey Kightlinger.
The Hawkins Company, selected for the recruitment search by the MWD board, will also seek input from stakeholders through an electronic survey and meetings with the board, executive management, bargaining units and employee resource groups.
Members of the public interested in participating in the public meetings can register at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_sZMPRBL2SN-EyjMTU6BNow.