- Developer to Pay Penalty for Stormwater Violations
- Central Valley Project Water Allocation Increased for Friant Division
- Dry Weather and Low Flows Prompt Restrictions for Junior Water Rights Holders
- Reclamation announces Shasta non-critical water year
- Local Water Resilience Projects Receive $65.8 Million in Grants from DWR
Palmdale Water District to Reopen Lobby Next Week
Three months after closing its lobby to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Palmdale Water District (PWD) has announced they will start a phased reopening next week on June 22 with appointments available on Mondays and Thursdays.
The in-person appointments will be for customers who have difficulty taking care of business with PWD online or on the phone. Specifically, they will be for people who need assistance with starting water service, variance requests for increased water allocation and the Rate Assistance Program. Bill
payments will not be accepted in the lobby during this phase of the reopening.
The 30-minute appointments with the Customer Care Department, can be made online or by calling 661-947-4111.
“We would like to thank our customers for understanding our need to close and for using other payment options,” said General Manager Dennis D. LaMoreaux. “We are phasing our reopening cautiously and taking safety measures to protect our employees, customers and the community.”
PWD has made the following changes to the lobby to accomodate social distancing guidelines:
- chairs have been removed
- plexiglass dividing counter windows
- floor graphics spaced six feet apart
Also, the front doors are one way in and one way out, directed by arrow graphics on the ground. A touchless hand-sanitizer dispenser is provided.