- State Agencies Present Framework for Voluntary Agreements to Improve Habitat and Flow in the Delta
- MWD to Update Plan for Meeting Southern California’s Future Water Needs
- Snowpack Remains Below Average According to DWR Survey
- Alliance for Water Efficiency Releases Drought Response and Water Demands Study
- New Clean Water Act Rule to Provide Clarity and Redefine WOTUS
Transparency certificate of excellence awarded to Contra Costa WD
The Contra Costa Water District received the District Transparency Certificate of Excellence by the Special District Leadership Foundation (SDLF) in recognition of its outstanding efforts to promote transparency and good governance.
“This award is a testament to Contra Costa Water District’s commitment to open government,” said, Jerry Brown, General Manager. “The entire district staff is to be commended for their contributions that empower the public with information and facilitate engagement and oversight.”
To receive the award, a special district must demonstrate the completion of essential governance transparency requirements, including conducting ethics training for all board members, properly conducting open and public meetings, and filing financial transactions and compensation reports to the State Controller in a timely manner.
SDLF is an independent, non-profit organization formed to promote good governance and best practices among California’s special districts through certification, accreditation, and other recognition programs.