Western Municipal Water District (WMWD) recently announced the award of more than $6,000 to 11 teachers in Riverside County through the Lois B. Krieger Water Project Grants for Educators program.
Each fall, qualifying teachers can apply to receive funding for water-related classroom projects. This year’s awards include projects that focus on human impacts to soils and water, creating a drought-tolerant pollinator garden and building mini wastewater treatment plants.
The 2021 Lois B. Krieger Water Project Grants for Educators recipients are:
- John Chung | Ortega High School
- Glenda Haas | Railroad Canyon Elementary School
- Lillian McCandless | John W. North High School
- Danielle Dickens | Tuscany Hills Elementary School
- Jessie Rubner | William Collier Elementary School
- Tisha Trinh | Machado Elementary School
- Chantelle Loitz | Elsinore High School
- Abbe Kya | Santiago High School
- Kevin Mobley | Elsinore High School
- Christopher Spencer | Santiago High School
- Natalee Boggs | Shivela Middle School with Murrieta Mesa High School