- Governor Newsom Releases Final Water Resilience Portfolio
- Harmful Algal Blooms Identified at Big Bear Lake
- Bacterial Outbreak Forces Euthanization of Fish at Three Southern California Hatcheries
- Imperial Irrigation District Files Opening Brief in CEQA Challenge
- Developer to Pay Penalty for Stormwater Violations
Western Municipal Water District appoints new Director to Division 1 seat
Earlier this week the Board of Directors for Western Municipal Water District (WMWD) appointed Steve Adams to Division 1.
Adams’ appointment comes after the seat was left vacant by the passing of former Director Robert Stockton in May of this year.
Adams was one of four candidates interviewed by WMWD’s Board of Directors. The Board’s decision to appoint Adams was based his experience, long history of public service, commitment to the community, and his ability to build rapport with constituents.
Director Adams is a long-time resident of the City of Riverside, living within the Division 1 boundaries for more than 50 years. An active community member, Adams previously served on the Riverside City Council for 15 years. Director Adams is a retiree of the Riverside Police Department, where he served for 15 years.
The Division 1 Director’s seat will be placed on the ballot for the November 3, 2020, general election. Division 1 includes a portion of the City of Riverside located north of Highway 91 and extending to the San Bernardino County line.