- Lawsuit Challenges Federal Water Contracts That Imperil Delta, Fish, Wildlife
- Reclamation increases allocation for Central Valley Project after April storms
- Federal agencies announce final schedule for Clear Creek spring pulse flows
- USGS report shows increasing groundwater levels in Coachella Valley
- Funding opportunity available to build drought resiliency through WaterSMART
Western to suspend water shutoffs and penalties; customer lobby to close to protect public health
The Western Municipal Water District (Western) Board of Directors on Wednesday, March 18 took action to approve financial protections for customers affected by COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Beginning immediately, Western will be temporarily suspending water shutoffs due to non-payment, and the imposition of late payment penalty fees for all residential customers continuing through Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
“In consideration of these uncertain times and understanding that our customers may be faced with financial realities not of their choosing, Western knows that water is critical to sustain life and health,” said General Manager Craig Miller. “I know this is a difficult time. This action is one small way we can help out our community and our customers.”
With the health and safety of our staff and customers of the utmost importance, Western will limit potential exposure by closing its lobby to public access, effective Friday, March 20, 2020 until further notice. Customers can still conduct business online, by phone or via email.
Western customers have several ways to pay their bill without visiting district headquarters, which include:
- Pay online at wmwd.com/BillPay
- Pay-by-phone at 844.278.1431 (toll-free)
- Place your payment in the drop box outside our office front entrance at 14205 Meridian Parkway, Riverside, CA 92518.
- Contact Customer Service via email at email@example.com or call 951.571.7104
If you have been affected financially by COVID-19 (Coronavirus), contact Western’s Customer Service team at 951.571.7104 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss payment arrangements. Additional customer self-service options are available at: wmwd.com/CustomerService.
To support public participation in Western’s Board Meetings, Western is increasing the opportunity for customers and the public to remain engaged virtually. As always, customers and the public may access live streamed Board Meetings at wmwd.com/BoardMeeting. In addition, Western is now providing a call-in option or those customers and public participants to provide public comment.
Western remains committed to working diligently to ensure water quality, supply and business continuity during this rapidly changing time. You can count on Western for safe, reliable and plentiful tap water and continuous wastewater (sewer) service, now and into the future.
For water-related updates regarding the Coronavirus, visit wmwd.com/Coronavirus.