- Final California Water Plan Update 2018 Released by Department of Water Resources
- EPA Releases Cyanobacteria Assessment Network Mobile Application Using Satellite Data
- California Tree Die-Off Triggered by Diminished Supplies of Subsurface Water in Drought Years
- Diverse Coalition Seeks to Protect California’s Drinking Water Systems Caught in Wildfire Liability
- Public Encouraged to Provide Input on Creating Climate-Resilient Water System
751 kW Solar Project for Plumas Mutual Water District Awarded to Sunworks, Inc.
Construction of a new $1.3 million, 751kW ground-mount solar power construction project for Plumas Mutual Water District (PMWD) is expected to commence later this year. Sunworks, Inc., a provider of provider of high-performance solar power systems, has announced it has been awarded the contract for the Northern California PMWD project.
Sunworks Chief Executive Officer Chuck Cargile said, “Water districts in California are faced with many challenges, including water shortages, drought and resiliency challenges. Solar (systems) can help address these issues in a cost-effective way while also helping to ensure crop production and yield are maximized.”
Sunworks provides high quality, performance-oriented solutions for customers in a wide range of industries including agricultural, commercial and industrial, federal, public works, and residential markets. Based in Roseville, CA, Sunworks is expanding nationally with regional and local offices and is a member of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA). The company provides a 25-year warranty for its systems — a benchmark to support customers above and beyond their expectations.
“From our first meeting, it was clear that the Sunworks team had a strong understanding of our challenges and goals,” said Joe Danna, Director of Plumas Mutual. “They designed a system that was tailored to our requirements and helped us understand how we can maximize our cost, so we can serve our customers in a more sustainable and resilient way.”
The non-profit PMWD is based in Yuba City and distributes water for farming operations.