- DWR and Project WET offering workshops for Teachers to Learn About Climate Change
- Humboldt County’s Copper Bluff Mine Proposed for Superfund Program’s National Priorities List
- Metropolitan to Supply Water to Sycuan Tribe’s Unannexed Area of San Diego Reservation
- Reclamation schedules public input meetings on proposed new fee program at Lake Berryessa
- Public Water Bottle Filling Station Grant Funding available in West Basin Municipal Water District
Infrastructure Funding Fairs Coming to Southern California
Cities and counties needing funds for infrastructure projects are invited to a pair of free funding fairs hosted by the State Water Resources Control Board and six partner agencies.
The last two California Financing Coordinating Committee (CFCC) Funding Fairs of 2017 will be held Tuesday, Aug. 29 in San Bernardino, and Wednesday, Aug. 30 in San Diego.
These fairs provide one-stop shopping for those looking for infrastructure funding in California. Each of the listed agencies will provide information on their available infrastructure grant, loan and bond financing programs, including funding available from the Water Quality, Supply, and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2014 (Proposition 1).
Project categories include, but are not limited to:
- drinking water
- water quality
- water supply
- water conservation
- water use efficiency
- energy efficiency
- flood management
The San Bernardino fair will begin at 8 a.m., Aug. 29 at California State University San Bernardino’s College of Education, Room 105, 5500 University Parkway, 92407. The San Diego fair will begin at 8 a.m., Aug. 30 at the San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board, 2375 Northside Drive, Suite 100, 92108.
For questions, call the Rural Community Assistance Corporation at (916) 447-9832, extension 1029.