- State Water Project Allocations Off to a Dry Start
- California Partners with NASA’s JPL to Enlist Earth-Observing Satellite Data in Climate Change Efforts
- California American Water Refiles Coastal Commission Application for Water Supply Project
- BC Laboratories Fined for Delayed Reporting of Drinking Water Test Results
- CW3E Launches New Forecast Tools for the Atmospheric River Scale
Reclamation extends deadline for public comment period for Shasta Dam proposal
The Bureau of Reclamation announced yesterday a virtual open house website for the Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement has been built and is available to the public. Additionally, the Bureau has extended the public comment period to October 5 to allow more time for public engagement.
Website visitors will be able to learn more about the project, review summaries of Draft Supplemental EIS chapters, and submit comments.
Reclamation released the Draft Supplemental EIS in accordance with the National Environmental Policy Act on August 6. The report includes updated project information relevant to Clean Water Act 404(r), revised modeling reflective of operational changes from the 2019 Biological Opinions, and updated analysis on effects to the McCloud River.
The Draft Supplemental EIS is available at: https://www.usbr.gov/mp/nepa/nepa_project_details.php?Project_ID=1915.
To view the project open house website, go to http://www.virtualpublicengagement.com/usbr_shasta/index.html
If you wish to comment, please submit by close of business on October 5, 2020 to:
Bureau of Reclamation
2800 Cottage Way
Sacramento, CA 95825
Comments can also be submitted via telephone at 916-202-7158 (TTY 1-800-877-8339) or email at email@example.com.