- Lower American River water quality monitoring shows elevated levels of E. coli bacteria
- Water Available for Aquifer Replenishment report released by Department of Water Resources
- March’s Precipitation helped but was no Miracle; Snowpack increased to 52 percent of average
- Updated Water Allocations for Friant and North of the Delta Contractors released by Reclamation
- Two CA environmental businesses receive Phase II EPA awards to bring their products to market
All posts tagged "featured"
Bottle water targeted by drought activists
Companies who bottle water are now being targeted due to the drought in California. Over 111 companies, including Nestle, Walmart and Cocoa Cola, bottle their water in California. When Governor Jerry Brown implemented the state’s first-ever mandatory...
- Posted May 18, 2015
California Democrats battle over drought policy
The water shortage in California is nothing shy of a crisis. An even bigger problem is the Democratic leadership in Sacramento and Washington. While everyone agrees the state’s lack of water is a problem, politicians disagree on...
- Posted May 17, 2015
The California drought brings meters to Northern California
In Northern California, residents of Morada, a small town outside of Stockton, are fighting against the use of water meters. Although a state law was passed in 2004 that required every water district in the state to...
- Posted May 15, 2015
California drought laws unveiled
The California State Water Resources Control Board unveiled new regulations last week that will guide California through its exceptional drought. The new California drought laws will go into effect immediately. The laws dictate how much potable (drinkable)...
- Posted May 11, 2015
Downtown San Luis Obispo flooded due to main break
Water was cut off to a block of homes after a water main break flooded downtown San Luis Obispo Friday night. The pressure from the water caused pavement and soil to buck underground. Eventually, the mixture forced...
- Posted May 8, 2015
Assembly bills for water storage voted down
California Assembly Democrats shot down legislation that would have allowed for the construction of water storage sites in California, which is facing a massive water crisis. Assembly bills 397, 956 and 311 were all Republican bills that...
- Posted May 1, 2015