- DWR’s Tree Study Confirms California’s History of moving between Periods of Wet and Dry Conditions
- New Regulations for Augmenting Reservoirs with Treated Recycled Water Adopted by State Board
- State’s Snow Water Equivalent measures 9.4 inches, 39 percent of early March normal
- Report on Fight Against Invasive Mussels released by Department of the Interior
- Santa Barbara County Issues Recommended Evacuation Warning prior to approaching winter storm
All posts tagged "legislation"
California Republicans introduce water legislation in House of Representatives
Last week Congressman David Valadao introduced H.R. 2898, commonly known as the Western Water and American Food Security Act of 2015. The legislation would modernize water policies throughout California and the West Coast. Support for the bill...
- Posted June 28, 2015
The battle for control of America’s water
Water legislation continues to be a hot button issue nationwide, with President Barack Obama announcing in May 2015 a far-flung clean water regulation – one that would, unless it is blocked by Congress, restore the federal government’s...
- Posted May 30, 2015
California drought laws unveiled
The California State Water Resources Control Board unveiled new regulations last week that will guide California through its exceptional drought. The new California drought laws will go into effect immediately. The laws dictate how much potable (drinkable)...
- Posted May 11, 2015
Assembly bills for water storage voted down
California Assembly Democrats shot down legislation that would have allowed for the construction of water storage sites in California, which is facing a massive water crisis. Assembly bills 397, 956 and 311 were all Republican bills that...
- Posted May 1, 2015