Eastern Municipal Water District (EMWD) recently announced a new outdoor water use efficiency program for residential customers called Landscapes for Living.
Program participants can expect step-by-step instructions, EMWD customer support, and can recover up to 100 percent of project costs.
“Landscapes for Living is an exciting new program that bundles multiple established free and low-cost programs from EMWD with regional rebates offered through our partnership with the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California,” said EMWD Board President Phil Paule. “As part of our long-standing efforts to help our customers save money and use water wisely, we are pleased to offer these services and rebates to residents so they can easily create landscaping perfectly suited for their needs to enjoy year-round.”
The program includes:
- One-hour in-home consultations to help residents participate in the program and learn how to save money inside and outside their homes.
- direct installation of Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers or Drip Irrigation Equipment.
Customers can also receive rebates to offset the cost of their project, including:
- Turf Replacement: Up to $3 per square foot of unused grass removed—e.g. grass that is not used for anything except mowing—and replaced with new water efficient plants (limit 5,000 square feet).
- Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers: $145 each.
- Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles: $2/nozzle, minimum quantity 30 nozzles.
- Rain Barrels and Cisterns: $35/barrel or $250-$350/cistern.
- Soil Moisture Sensors: $145-$500 depending on acres and number of valves.
- Hose Bib Irrigation Controllers: $35 each/2 per customer.
The program is open to all EMWD residential customers with irrigated landscapes. For more information about Landscapes for Living, visit https://landscapesforliving.emwd.org/.