- President Trump Approves California Disaster Declaration for 17 Northern California Counties
- Federal Court Dismisses Key Claims in Agua Caliente Tribe’s Water Lawsuit Against Public Agencies
- Year’s Final Manual Snow Survey Finds Snowpack is Cold and Dense with Depth of 47 Inches
- Groundwater Levels in the Coachella Valley Showing Significant Increases in Last Decade
- Legal Water Doesn’t Always Mean Safe Water Study Finds Combined Tap Water Pollutants Hazardous
Testing of all public water systems for toxic fluorinated chemical compounds has been introduced by Assemblywoman...
Orange County Water District (OCWD) President Vicente Sarmiento was in Washington D.C. earlier this week to...
With more than a million Californians – primarily in disadvantaged communities — lacking safe drinking and...
More Legislation News
Groundwater Basin Boundary Modifications finalized by Department of Water Resources
As part of the implementation of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), the Department...
- Posted February 17, 2019
Gov. Newsom Signs Two Bills for Clean Water, Approves $131 Million to Improve Drinking Water
Governor Gavin Newsom signed his first two Assembly Bills on Wednesday in hopes of...
- Posted February 15, 2019
Assemblymen Mathis, Garcia Propose Dedicating Two Percent of State’s General Fund for Water
Late last week, Assemblyman Devon Mathis (R-26th District-Visalia) introduced a bipartisan amendment to the...
- Posted January 27, 2019
Gov Newsom’s Proposed Water Tax Meets with Criticism, Praise and Concern
In spite of last year’s failed “Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Act,” proposed by...
- Posted January 12, 2019
Trump Signs Water Infrastructure Bill
President Donald Trump signed the Water Resources Development Act of 2018 into law Oct....
- Posted October 28, 2018
Rep. Denham’s San Joaquin Valley Water Storage Legislation Passes the House
Legislation by Rep. Jeff Denham (R-10th District-Turlock) and Rep. Jim Costa (D-16th District-Modesto) to...
- Posted September 17, 2018
“Voluntary” Water Tax Dies in Legislature
Another attempt by legislators to tax Californians for clean water has failed in a...
- Posted September 6, 2018