- Ongoing Efforts to Improve and Better Understand Lake Tahoe’s Nearshore Accepted by Board
- CVP Water Allocations Updated by Reclamation; Some South-of-Delta Contractors Express Dismay
- Multi-Year Investigation Finds 15 Defendants in Violation of Multiple UST Requirements and will pay a fine
- World Water Day Message from SAWPA – Tap Water is Rigorously Tested and Safe to Drink
- Reclamation Launches Competition for Ideas to Lower Cost of Continuous Streamflow Monitoring
With more than a million Californians – primarily in disadvantaged communities — lacking safe drinking and...
As part of the implementation of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA), the Department of Water...
Governor Gavin Newsom signed his first two Assembly Bills on Wednesday in hopes of funding emergency...
More Legislation News
Assemblymen Mathis, Garcia Propose Dedicating Two Percent of State’s General Fund for Water
Late last week, Assemblyman Devon Mathis (R-26th District-Visalia) introduced a bipartisan amendment to the...
- Posted January 27, 2019
Gov Newsom’s Proposed Water Tax Meets with Criticism, Praise and Concern
In spite of last year’s failed “Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Act,” proposed by...
- Posted January 12, 2019
Trump Signs Water Infrastructure Bill
President Donald Trump signed the Water Resources Development Act of 2018 into law Oct....
- Posted October 28, 2018
Rep. Denham’s San Joaquin Valley Water Storage Legislation Passes the House
Legislation by Rep. Jeff Denham (R-10th District-Turlock) and Rep. Jim Costa (D-16th District-Modesto) to...
- Posted September 17, 2018
“Voluntary” Water Tax Dies in Legislature
Another attempt by legislators to tax Californians for clean water has failed in a...
- Posted September 6, 2018
State Senate Committee Blocks Effort to Scuttle Cadiz Water Project
A last minute bill to block the Cadiz Water Project, located in San Bernardino...
- Posted September 2, 2018
Legislation co-sponsored by Eastern Municipal Water District Awaits Governor’s Signature
Assembly Bill 2050 – the Small System Water Authority Act of 2018 – has...
- Posted September 1, 2018