- Floodwater Diversions and Other High Flow Groundwater Capture Efforts Permitting Streamlined
- UC Davis Collected Drought-Surviving Pine Trees’ Seeds Years Ago, Now They’re Planting the Seedlings
- Has UC Riverside-led Team’s Discovery Found Hope for Crops Despite Frequently Occurring Drought?
- Illegal Cannabis Grows Poison Water Sources; Statewide Eradication Campaign Nets 953,459 Plants
- Emergency Relief Program Launched by Cal Water for Customers Affected by Natural Disasters
State legislation allowing veterans to receive credit for their military education and experience when applying for...
Senate Bill 19, authored by Sen. Bill Dodd (D-District 3-Napa), was recently signed by California Governor...
Senate Bill 559, written to secure California’s water supply by setting up a policy framework to...
More Legislation News
New State Law Will Require Additional Review of Water Transfers in the Mojave Desert, Targets Cadiz Water Project
Legislation authored by Sen. Richard Roth (D-31st District-Riverside) and signed last week by California...
- Posted August 8, 2019
Gov. Newsom Signs AB 1220 Safeguarding Central Basin MWD’s Seats on Metropolitan’s BOD
Legislation by Assembly Member Cristina Garcia (D-58th District-Downey) which sought to ensure that Central...
- Posted August 4, 2019
Fresno County’s Tombstone Territory Home to Signing of Safe and Affordable Drinking Water Bill
Tombstone Territory, a small community one mile outside of Sanger in Fresno County was...
- Posted July 26, 2019
CA Senator Harris Introduces $250 Billion Water Justice Act to Address National Water Crisis
On Monday, California’s junior senator, Kamala Harris (D-CA), introduced the Water Justice Act, landmark...
- Posted July 25, 2019
Renewed Bipartisan Water Resources Research Amendments Act Introduced by CA’s Josh Harder
California Representative Josh Harder (D-10th District-Modesto) and three other U.S. Representatives recently introduced legislation...
- Posted July 19, 2019
Continuation of Drought Legislation Sought by Bipartisan Western Senators
Four western senators are looking to build on Senator Dianne Feinstein’s (D-CA) 2016 California...
- Posted June 27, 2019
Funding for Atmospheric Rivers Research and Stormwater Capture Approved by CA Legislature
Legislation authored by Sen. Bill Dodd (D-3rd District -Napa), along with Assemblymember Jim Wood...
- Posted June 17, 2019