- Eastern Municipal Water District urges customers to be “Sewer Smart”
- Modoc County Grower issued penalty for failing to acquire Water Quality Permit
- Remaining East Porterville homes now connected to sustainable water
- California lacking snow; snow water equivalent at only 4.9 inches, 27 percent of date’s average
- Report seeks to provide key elements of successful groundwater management for California managers
California American Water to Purchase Hillview Water Company
California American Water has entered into a Purchase Agreement to acquire the operating assets of Hillview Water Company. California American Water aims to complete the transaction and assume the provision of water service within the Hillview Water Company service area between Oakhurst and Raymond, Calif. in 2018.
Hillview Water Company currently serves approximately 1,500 metered connections and is located 67 miles from California American Water’s service area in Merced, whereas California American Water supplies water service to nearly 600,000 Californians, about one-third of which are in the Central Valley. The purchase of the system in combination with the Meadowbrook service area will double California American Water’s customer base in the Central Valley.
As part of the acquisition, Hillview Water Company customers will have access to California American Water’s customer-friendly services such as a low-income discount program and web self-service that includes paperless billing. California American Water also provides conservation programs designed to help customers cut water use and features free conservation tools as well as free water-wise house calls.
Hillview Water Company customers will continue to be served by the company’s water treatment and distribution operators who are experts in their fields and are certified through the California Division of Drinking Water.