- Reclamation Releases Grant Funding Opportunity for Developing Local Water Management Solutions
- Fourteen CA Cities Water Agencies Received BOR Funding for Water Efficiency and Reliability Projects
- North Coast Board Issues General Waste Discharge Requirements for Dairies
- Reclamation Announces 2020 Colorado River Operating Conditions
- Water right license revoked by State Water Board
ACWA Scholarship Application Deadline Nears Deadline is March 1
The Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) will be awarding up to $32,000 in academic scholarships to well-qualified and high-achieving graduate or undergraduate students majoring in a water resources-related fields of study. Six scholarships of varying amounts are available; the application deadline for the 2019-2020 scholarships is Friday, March 1.
Information regarding the scholarships has been made available to both the University of California system and the California State Universities as well as member agencies of ACWA and through various social media sites. However, anyone who knows of graduate or undergraduate students pursuing a degree related to water resources is encouraged to share the information regarding the opportunity to apply. A complete list of qualification and eligibility requirements, as well as a link to the online application system is available at: www.acwa.com/about/scholarships.
Four scholarship categories are currently offered by ACWA including:
- The Stephen K. Hall ACWA Water Law & Policy Scholarship ($10,000) is awarded annually to one graduate student majoring in law, policy or public administration with a focus or concentration in California water resources. This scholarship was created in 2007 to honor former ACWA Executive Director Steve Hall upon his retirement.
- ACWA Scholarships ($3,500) are awarded to two undergraduate students majoring in engineering, agricultural and/or urban water supply, environmental studies, public administration and other water-resources related fields.
- The Clair Hill Scholarship ($5,000) is awarded to one student majoring in engineering, agricultural and/or urban water supply, environmental studies, public administration and other water-resources related fields.
- The Ted and Nancy Way Scholarship for the Next Generation of Water Leaders ($5,000) is awarded to two undergraduate students majoring in engineering, agricultural and/or urban water supply, environmental studies, fisheries science and other water resources related fields. This scholarship was created in 2017 by Ted Way, a long-time water leader and former ACWA Water Quality Committee Member, and his wife Nancy.
For questions or additional information regarding ACWA’s scholarship program, contact Matt Veeh at: 916-441-4545.