- State Agencies Present Framework for Voluntary Agreements to Improve Habitat and Flow in the Delta
- MWD to Update Plan for Meeting Southern California’s Future Water Needs
- Snowpack Remains Below Average According to DWR Survey
- Alliance for Water Efficiency Releases Drought Response and Water Demands Study
- New Clean Water Act Rule to Provide Clarity and Redefine WOTUS
Western awards scholarships to students in the region
Western Municipal Water District (WMWD) recently awarded nearly $3,000 in scholarships to local students as part of the District’s partnership with local colleges and universities to encourage water-related studies.
“Western always seeks to employ highly trained and qualified team members, and we want to continue to be sure we support the development of our region’s future water leaders’ through these scholarships,” shared Western’s General Manager Craig Miller. “As senior-level staff members in the water industry retire, we will have more jobs to fill. Our scholarship programs help ensure that qualified candidates are available when it comes time to hire.”
The following students have been awarded scholarships from Western for the 2019/2020 program year:
- Ansh Nagpal – University of California, Riverside
Western Municipal Water District Charles Field Endowed Scholarship
- Taylor Nanny – California State University, San Bernardino
Western Municipal Water District Lois B. Krieger Endowed Scholarship
- Maria Cantu – Riverside Community College District, Riverside Campus
Western Municipal Water District Endowed Scholarship
As costs for higher education continue to rise, Western works with local colleges and universities to offer scholarships to students. Local institutions, including the University of California, Riverside (UCR); California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB); and Riverside Community College District all offer endowed scholarships from Western for students studying a water-related subject or planning to pursue a career in a water-related field.