The American Water Charitable Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization established by American Water, has awarded a combined total of $500,000 to 30 organizations in 10 states across the U.S., supporting communities served by American Water through the 2023 Workforce Readiness and STEM Education Grant Programs.
“The American Water Charitable Foundation is thrilled to partner with organizations to offer inclusive programs that prioritize career preparedness, STEM education, and related initiatives,” said Carrie Williams, President, American Water Charitable Foundation. “The Workforce Readiness and STEM Education Grant Programs provide opportunities to train and develop key skills for future leaders throughout American Water’s national footprint.”
The Workforce Readiness and STEM Education grants are part of the Keep Communities Flowing Grant Program, which focuses on three pillars of giving: Water, People and Communities. The total award of $500,000 will support high-impact projects and initiatives that further American Water’s commitment to support ESG, as well as inclusion, diversity and equity.
The 2023 Workforce Readiness and STEM Education grant recipients are:
- Generation Steam
- Museum Foundation of Pacific Grove
- Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois
- Lansdowne Up
- Sun Foundation
- Girls Incorporated of Wayne County
- Jackson County Industrial Development Corporation
- Community Action Council
- Explorium of Lexington
- Stl Youth Jobs
- Boys and Girls Club of Joplin Missouri
- Hispanic Family Center Southern NJ
- Girls Inc of Greater Philadelphia & Southern NJ
- Hopeworks N Camden
- Raritan Headwaters Association
- Main Line Chamber Foundation
- Chester County Futures Inc.
- Lacawac Sanctuary Foundation Inc.
- Coatesville Youth Initiative
- Junior Achievement of South Central Pennsylvania
- Skills In Scranton Business Education Partnership
- Berks Latino Workforce Development Corporation
- Berks Nature
- Teach For America
- Project Return Inc.
- Northern Neck Food Bank Inc.
- Mission West Virginia
- WVMA (West Virginia Manufactures Assoc.) Educational Fund
- Communities In Schools of West Virginia Inc.