- UCLA Scientist honored by DWR for Large Storm Forecasting Efforts in Conjunction with NASA
- Colorado River Drought Contingency Plan Approved by Metropolitan Water District Board
- Twin Tunnels on Hold, DWR Withdraws Request for Certification from Delta Stewardship Council
- DWR Announces Draft Decisions for Groundwater Basin Boundary Modifications
- West Basin Municipal Water District Funds Surfrider Foundation’s Teach and Test Program
More Drought News
$4 million going to drought research
As a means of learning more about the effects of the severe California drought,...
- Posted November 6, 2015
Crops’ cells remember drought impact
Scientists at Emory University have made an interesting discovery: although plants do not have...
- Posted October 31, 2015
Almond farms: the next aquifer recharging solution
As part of a cutting edge move, the Almond Board of California has partnered...
- Posted October 29, 2015
Depleted wells may be a thing of the past
Because of the severity of the California drought, many wells in the Central Valley...
- Posted October 28, 2015
Farmers seeing the worst of the California drought
With no end to the California drought in sight, farmers in the Central Valley...
- Posted October 27, 2015
LADWP to increase rates
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) is raising their rates for...
- Posted October 26, 2015
Water district may implement “toilet to tap”
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD), the largest water wholesaler in the state,...
- Posted October 24, 2015
California legislators to learn from Australian drought
From 1997 to 2009, Australia had a severe drought, the longest drought on record....
- Posted October 21, 2015
Beavers: the solution to the drought?
With no sign of the California drought coming to an end anytime soon, researchers...
- Posted October 20, 2015
Severe flooding, sink hole in Vista
A water main break caused flooded driveways and homes in Vista early Friday morning....
- Posted October 19, 2015